• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nels2481

Hey there, just joined up in the forums and am looking forward to meeting all of you! I've been playing for 20+ years and bought my first new guitar after taking a hiatus from playing for a couple of years (life and work :( ). My new years resolution this year was to get back into playing on a regular basis and improve my abilities and have fun!

The last guitar I bought brand new off the shelf was a 1997 Gibson Les Paul Standard, which I still own to this day.

I have never really seen any of the newer EBMM in the local stores around Portland, OR but got the chance to play a teal JP15 and a Majestic Purple Majesty. Man...these guitar were really nice and I usually don't like artist signature models but JP has so many that look so good!

In terms of playability both were great but felt the majesty had a little easier lower fret access than the JP15. Plus the neck felt a little skinnier to me. I ended up getting a majesty monarchy in the black knight finish from zzounds beginning of last month. Found a good deal on a blemished (customer return) one. However, they did a HORRIBLE job shipping it to me. The guitar was thrown in the original case and shipped out in a cardboard box. No padding or anything to brace the guitar neck while in transit. They also left the batteries in. This resulted in one of the batteries getting damaged in transit which ultimately, messed up the internal wiring. I swapped the batteries out and took it to a certified EBMM luthier and they confirmed that it was hosed. So I sent it back to zzounds and got my money back.

After playing several other guitars: (fenders, Gibson, Tom Anderson, PRS etc) I decided that I wanted to either get a PRS Custom 24, EBMM JP15 or majesty. I really like the looks of the majesty and the JP15, the JP15 just felt better in my hands versus the majesty. After doing extensive research, my sales engineer at sweetwater ended up finding me a JP15 Quilt Top in Sahara Burst. I just ordered it today and should be here by Saturday...can't wait.

edhalen

Welcome Nels! Great to see you getting back into playing :). Bummer on the troubles so far. I can say this - Sweetwater is THE BEST in terms of customer service and will take good care of you. Make sure you put up a New Guitar Day post when you receive it with PLENTY of pics!!!! We have a saying....no pics no guitar!!! :)

GWDavis28

Next time I’d suggest you check out dubaldomusic.com Pete and Nick will take care of you.

Congrats on the new purchase. Glenn |B)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErnieJohn

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your guitar when it arrives, then start saving for your next!

nels2481

Completely understand. I have my holy grail EBMM on the way from San Diego. Next Tuesday can't get here soon enough :).

Oh nice what are you getting! I have a feeling after I get my jp15 I'm going to want a majesty. I'm still having FOMO for not ordering a majesty monarchy in that epic purple color.

edhalen

An EBMM 25th Anniversary Hard Tail. I'll be putting up an incoming NGD post with pictures (from the seller) soon. My very first EBMM was a white Reflex (the successor to the 25th) hard tail. I've tried a LOT of EBMM's since and it is still the favorite one I've ever had. Of course like an idiot I sold it a long time ago. Even though this one isn't 100% perfect (close) I'm not ever going to get rid of it. I learned my lesson.

nels2481

Wow, I just looked up one....beautiful guitar! Yeah I'm really stoked and have been wanting to get a guitar with a maple neck and fretboard. I was debating between the jp15 and a PRS DW CE 24. Both are great and the Warring burst looks super sick...I'm just not a fan of dealing with Floyd roses so I took a gamble on the JP15. If I love this one, I may consider getting a majesty 7 string.

Terry007

Hey there, just joined up in the forums and am looking forward to meeting all of you! I've been playing for 20+ years and bought my first new guitar after taking a hiatus from playing for a couple of years (life and work :( ). My new years resolution this year was to get back into playing on a regular basis and improve my abilities and have fun!

The last guitar I bought brand new off the shelf was a 1997 Gibson Les Paul Standard, which I still own to this day.

I have never really seen any of the newer EBMM in the local stores around Portland, OR but got the chance to play a teal JP15 and a Majestic Purple Majesty. Man...these guitar were really nice and I usually don't like artist signature models but JP has so many that look so good!

In terms of playability both were great but felt the majesty had a little easier lower fret access than the JP15. Plus the neck felt a little skinnier to me. I ended up getting a majesty monarchy in the black knight finish from zzounds beginning of last month. Found a good deal on a blemished (customer return) one. However, they did a HORRIBLE job shipping it to me. The guitar was thrown in the original case and shipped out in a cardboard box. No padding or anything to brace the guitar neck while in transit. They also left the batteries in. This resulted in one of the batteries getting damaged in transit which ultimately, messed up the internal wiring. I swapped the batteries out and took it to a certified EBMM luthier and they confirmed that it was hosed. So I sent it back to zzounds and got my money back.

After playing several other guitars: (fenders, Gibson, Tom Anderson, PRS etc) I decided that I wanted to either get a PRS Custom 24, EBMM JP15 or majesty. I really like the looks of the majesty and the JP15, the JP15 just felt better in my hands versus the majesty. After doing extensive research, my sales engineer at sweetwater ended up finding me a JP15 Quilt Top in Sahara Burst. I just ordered it today and should be here by Saturday...can't wait.

Welcome to the forum!

I had a similar experience with Zzounds. I buy my ENMM Valentine from them, and it was also a customer return. It arrived boxed in a similar manner to what you described. The action was so high off of the fret board I could sorry de my pinkie between the strings and fretboard. It also had a weird haze all over it. Luckily it cleaned up and just needed a setup. Now it’s by far the best guitar I’ve ever owned.

Enjoy the JP!!

nels2481

qVhMAKp.jpg

8sjG1ZH.jpg

jIvyhJQ.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom