• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bassmonkeee

Did you guys notice the changes to the Stingray 4 and 5?

Neodymium magnets, 18 volt preamps? Sound familiar?

Yeah, I noticed. I also noticed the roasted necks on all instruments (except Bongos). And, I especially noticed that the basses get unfigured while the guitars get figured as standard. Ahem.

Bert

- Rounder body contours
- Sculpted neck joint / 5 bolt
- 22 stainless steel frets
- Aluminum hardware
- Neodymium magnets
- 18-volt preamp
- Cutlass/caprice style bridge
- Roasted neck

Last edited:

JayDawg

I have been asking for roasted maple necks as an option since I got my first one in 2010 and am stoked to see them now. At the same time, I’m kind of bummed because I was planning on buying another Game Changer this year as well as a Stingray 4H Black with a standard maple neck and fretboard. To get them, I will now need to buy either new old stock or used. I hate buying used though.

GregP

I've always admired how EBMM constantly innovates and pushes the contemporary envelope. I'm thrilled to see the Stingray get an 18V preamp and lighter hardware. One of the best changes I made to my Caprice was adding light weight tuners. But now this has me wondering...will the Sterling be updated this year as well?

Edmang

So there is now a BongRay! Not sure if it would warrant getting one since I have stingrays and bongos. But do want to check it out.

joelisenat

Not gonna lie, that blue 2018 Stingray 5 is gonna be on my mind for a while. That thing looks incredible!! Now we just need to know how it sounds!

Manny_Silvers

From the looks of the website I guess the Game Changer is officially discontinued? That's too bad...as someone else in the musical-instrument/gear industry I suppose it's not too surprising something so modern like that ended up being a tough sell. An industry where vintage/throwback gear and reissues almost always dominate sales. Hopefully something they revisit in the future.

bovinehost

Administrator
Wonder whether the normal Ray model is gone for good and you go to the Classic for that?

Yep, that period is over. And the old bridge is now gone, too, replaced by the Cutlass/Caprice style bridge.

I am TOLD by REPUTABLE SOURCES that these new Stingrays will be significantly lighter, too.

I like this. I like all of this.

Top Bottom