• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Gemmy

nathanhny

Sweet Jesus. Are you the buyer from reverb?! How’s the HT bridge single coil sound? Give us some demo!!!!

Haha, no I bought this one in the UK. I’m really digging the bridge pickup, I’m typically a bridge humbucker guy but this one almost sits in the middle of a humbucker and single coil in terms of sound.

It’s nearly as beefy as a humbucker (more so with the boost engaged) but has the dynamics of a single and reacts really well with the volume turned down.

nathanhny

Idk how old some of y’all are. But I was a young little grasshopper when Pokemon came out. The red and blue Luke 4s make me feel like Im choosing between the red or blue edition Pokemon games lol. its cool

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing! I had Pokémon blue when growing up though so went with red this time haha.

nathanhny

So what's different compared to L3? They look very beautiful tho!
It’s pretty much just the pickups (all heat treated and a single coil in the bridge), and different finishes.

So far though I can see myself using this one the most, the single coil in the bridge is great.

ruger9

Are the singles in the Luke 4's noiseless? I know they are single-coils, but with all that PCB inside I wondered if EBMM has some kind of noise-cancelling system...?

John C

Are the singles in the Luke 4's noiseless? I know they are single-coils, but with all that PCB inside I wondered if EBMM has some kind of noise-cancelling system...?

I would assume they are not noiseless single coils and the Luke 4 continues to use the active Silent Circuit noise cancelling system like the HSS Luke IIIs use for the single coils. The Silent Circuit on the circuit card as is the boost.

ruger9

I would assume they are not noiseless single coils and the Luke 4 continues to use the active Silent Circuit noise cancelling system like the HSS Luke IIIs use for the single coils. The Silent Circuit on the circuit card as is the boost.

Thanks for the confirmation, I didn't know if the HSS models had this feature, as I have been looking only at the 2xHB models.

Gemmy

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing! I had Pokémon blue when growing up though so went with red this time haha.
Dude we are twins. Blastoise was my fav as a kid. I didn’t care for charizard like everyone else. But red guitars and cars are my fav. The Luke 4 red is right up my alley. Enjoy it

John C

Hmm neck is nice but not 5k nice.

That listing is from a dealer in Australia so that's the price down under. Sorry I don't remember the USA Luke 4 price when that one showed up on Reverb a couple of weeks ago but I think it was something like $200-$300 more than the Luke 3.

Rbg

$3999-ish I think
Sorry was corrected. See below...

Last edited:

Gemmy

Rbg

I am surprised how fast people buy these L4s. I guess EBMM dane a really good job advertising that HT pickups. Good for them!

Ted

I am surprised how fast people buy these L4s. I guess EBMM dane a really good job advertising that HT pickups. Good for them!
Honestly, I'd like to see a lot more reviews and sound clips of the HT pickups-- specifically in the Cutlass HT. EBMM made a small series of short video clips of different people playing the HT series, but that's about it. There are very few in-depth tone reviews on Youtube of the Cutlass HT. I've recently started playing my Stratocaster a lot and really wanting a guitar than can deliver those SSS tones-- and then some... and can do some of the things I like in my EBMM guitars (like the active boost, feel and playability, etc). I almost bought a criminally cheap mint-condition Cutlass HT off of Reverb a month ago (Midnight Rider) but a new guitar was just not in my budget at the time (but that price was so good). I see lots of reviews of Cutlass RS but I wish EBMM would get the HT into more reviewers hands.

I am really wanting to hear tone reviews of the new L4.

Top Bottom