• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

V_S

Haven't been the neck plates recessed back then? Also the tuners and the shape of the headstock looks off.

crywolf71

It is not a real Evh. The controle plates, pick up routing is off. It misses the hole that is under the nackplate normally. Strap pins angle is off. The screwholes are not right. To many parts are not real Mm.

St8kout

MM Luke's guitar (page 221) was giving me LSD flashbacks:)
I guess I'm more of a purist, owning a Jimmy Hendricks cream white Strat and a Majesty Royal Red on order. That and the Artisan looked closest to a natural wood finish.

RST_MI

My two loves.
b0b75504c9fb11bd2037fe1ab6d9291a.jpg
aa1ef0ee994ef0f6fd9e7a256df121b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GWDavis28

I have owened lotsa Music Man JPs through the years.. including the Majesty. But this one, is trully something else. My new JP12 7 string BFR, in the rare Cardinal Red finish. It is insanly beautiful i'm telling ya.

Wow Stel very nice, love that color. But it's a PDN, not a BFR just so you know.

Glenn |B)

Steltrucci

It is a BFR though. I know its caleed PDN but the backplate says BFR. After 2011 and the actuall BFR line of guitars, i think they renamed the BFR thingy, as the rare line of each model. Like.. the latest Majesty models with all that sparkle cool looking colours, are now called.. BFR versions.. so mine says BFR on the back. I guess its the same.

GWDavis28

It is a BFR though. I know its caleed PDN but the backplate says BFR. After 2011 and the actuall BFR line of guitars, i think they renamed the BFR thingy, as the rare line of each model. Like.. the latest Majesty models with all that sparkle cool looking colours, are now called.. BFR versions.. so mine says BFR on the back. I guess its the same.

That's interesting, now I'm curious. I have a 2011 Black Sugar which I think was the last BFR with the 12th fret logo.

Thanx for letting me know that. Glenn |B)

Last edited:

johnnyboogie

The JP BFR, JPX, JPXI, JP12, JP13, JP15 and JPXVI are all BFR models. Finish aside. They once bore the BFR insignia on the 12th fret but now it's engraved on the 5-bolt metal backplate. I believe it was transferred there due to a lot of people not agreeing with it being placed on the 12th fret (I am certainly not one of them, loved it there as it adorned the fretboard beautifully).

That aside, the Cardinal Red Sparkle finish was indeed circulated exclusively through EBMM's Premier Dealer Network. Along with the Emerald Green Sparkle.

BFR is concerned with the selection of the so-called tone-woods (Ball's Family Reserve), whereas PDN was concerned with the exclusive finishes that were made available through the Premier Dealer Network. For example, a regular JP6/7 in Vintage Tobacco Burst is PDN but not BFR.

Stelio, super congratulations!! We need to do a Cardinal Red meeting =)

Last edited:

Steltrucci

Thank you for the intel John! Nice details there. We should do that for sure mate! Will let you know asap! :)

Spenn77

I have totally fallen in love with my 2016 Sting Ray HH.
f7274c703ca6d9306fa0f7779a8c402a.jpg
f4a3f1b8dd35f6c2276a44d6975c484f.jpg
9410e43006e1691f3273844bf3435cb1.jpg
ecfeba2a3625da4057e1888141c89214.jpg
0f1bebcfd8c9a252c4aae65cc73a8581.jpg
c375d055dfafed4d3a87bae1fd29cc8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steltrucci

One more of my amazing JP12 7 string in the amazing Cardinal Red finish. My god this guitar is such a beauty!

2mdude

A quick shot each of my current EBMM units. The colors and flaming appear somewhat washed in the photos, my phone's camera is a bit, uh, sorry for that. :eek:

2005 Axis, Natural Gloss - museum piece of sorts. Was purchased new and went directly into a stored collection...essentially never been played other than what might have been done for factory setup and my restring and tune upon arrival.
05_Axis.jpg

2009 Axis Super Sport HH, resplendent in Black Cherry Burst
09_AxisSS.jpg

Nursin' a major semi for an Axis (S/SS?) HH or MM90 piezo hardtail...would seem I've given myself quite a task in finding one on the North American continent...

Is it just me or are these guitars like crack?

OneEyeRed

I'd say she's quite a looker, good on ya.

Thanks 2mdude, getting ready to plug her in now :)

Update: Jammed for a few hours today and had practice tonight. This is the nicest guitar I think I have ever owned and played. A significant difference between this BFR and my regular Axis. This Buck Eye is sure fun to play and I had wonderful comments all night long on the looks. Our sound guy is big into wood working and he was admiring the Buckeye and the African Mahogany. I am surprised at how light this guitar is as well (7 Lbs).

My Axis is a "guit-fiddle" but this guitar is on steroids. I love Music Man guitars!!!

Last edited:

elhueso

This is my majesty. I love this guitar. I also have a sterling jp170d, it´s a great budget guitar, it plays and sound great. I´ll post some pics soon.

Qox4SLLl.jpg

pAHsgP9l.jpg

Attachments

• Qox4SLLl.jpg
    Qox4SLLl.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 232
Top Bottom