• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rutles

Just got myself JP6 2012 and damn I love how this guitar plays and sounds. For some weird reason it's a bit difficult to find these bare bones jp6 models from here. Usually, if you see JP model, it's jpx or jpxi. Both great guitars, but I think jpxi was a bit too heavy and people ask huge prices for jpx.
And I already have two Majesties with flashy finishes, piezos and stuff, so I really wanted to have just basic jp6 with good old arm scoop. :D

jp6.jpg

bonez

Hey guys,
Longtime lurker, newbie poster. Wanted to share some pics of my collection. If you can't tell, my username was influenced by my favorite EBMM model. JP fan, obviously, but really dig the ease of playability and high end appointments on this guitar. Had recessed lighting installed with Phillips Hue bulbs into the music room. Primarily a drummer that only recently started getting back into guitar after 25 years. You might spy my Roland TD-50KV kit on the right there.

Anyways, love seeing all your guitars and hope you get some enjoyment out of seeing mine as well.

Steve

PS. Username fits, no?

View attachment 39988

View attachment 39990

View attachment 39991

View attachment 39992

View attachment 39993

View attachment 39994

View attachment 39995

View attachment 39996

View attachment 39997

View attachment 39998
Amazing collection by the way, is your name JP by any chance lol
Hey i have a quick question for you if you please, on all of your guitars i see the same thing on each of the bridges where the high e and b strings dont sit in the middle of the saddle. mine does exactly the same too almost like the saddles are loose and are pointing over to the right causing the string to sit on the left.
had any issues with string breakages down there because of this? when i bend the string slides all over the place of the saddle. ever had this issue?

2023-09-13 15_34_32-IMG_2452_0007.JPG ‎- Photos.png

Iperfungus

Ok guys.
Time has come to show you the MFR: Max Family Reserve!
I own many other guitars and they all are more than respectable instruments that I love a lot, some of them being handmade by italian renowed luthiers or guitars that I love for sentimental reasons (like my 1988 Strat Plus, gift of my dad when I was sixteen...or others that are my wife's gifts...) or that have an historical value (like my 1987 PRS Custom).
But....this is the Awesome Trio!
They are 100% original...I only swapped the bridge Virtual PAF in the Silho with a DiMarzio Superdistortion (you never fail with it!), 'cause I needed some more beer there!
If I should add other MM guitars to them, maybe a red Luke II with EMGs and an old JP6.
Ok, stop talking.
Here we go with some pictures!

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.39.36.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.39.19.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.39.00.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.37.38.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.37.15.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.36.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-01 at 16.36.29.jpeg

mr mojo

Ok guys.
Time has come to show you the MFR: Max Family Reserve!
I own many other guitars and they all are more than respectable instruments that I love a lot, some of them being handmade by italian renowed luthiers or guitars that I love for sentimental reasons (like my 1988 Strat Plus, gift of my dad when I was sixteen...or others that are my wife's gifts...) or that have an historical value (like my 1987 PRS Custom).
But....this is the Awesome Trio!
They are 100% original...I only swapped the bridge Virtual PAF in the Silho with a DiMarzio Superdistortion (you never fail with it!), 'cause I needed some more beer there!
If I should add other MM guitars to them, maybe a red Luke II with EMGs and an old JP6.
Ok, stop talking.
Here we go with some pictures!

View attachment 42698

View attachment 42699

View attachment 42700

View attachment 42701

View attachment 42702

View attachment 42703

View attachment 42704
Hi Iperfungus, congrats on a very nich collection of MM guitars. What's your Favoriten Model of those three, when it comes to playing comfort?

Iperfungus

Hi Iperfungus, congrats on a very nich collection of MM guitars. What's your Favoriten Model of those three, when it comes to playing comfort?

Hi there!
Well, I've to say I've good feeling with all those guitars.
They're different, of course...different pickups, different necks and fretboards, different body shapes.
What I love of MM instruments, both guitars and basses (the Stingray 5 is THE BASS!), is that's super-easy to find comfort.
All MM instruments are wonderfully ergonomic.
The Luke's neck required a little more time to familiarize with it, due to its size and shape, but after some hours of playing it became one of my favorites (Luke does not things randomly...).
When I played the Silho for the first time, after 10 seconds that neck's made me feel home.
I love that neck over all!
With the Axis it has been the same, more or less, even if the neck shape is different.
In one word: I love 'em all.
You can play almost anything with these guitars.
I had the chance to play the JP6 and that's another great intrument, maybe less versatile, and the Cutlass, that has a beautiful neck but I didn't like the pickups (they're a bit too modern and "hi-fi" to me...).

Last edited:

jlf599

Side question -- in
326-97-21-00-CS-CR
--> what is the actual name of the "97" color ? I couldn't find it in the one or two lists I've managed to find.

Thanks!
J
(I'll delete this or add it to the pic post once there's an answer.) :)

PeteDuBaldo

I was taking some photos in our "vault" last week, so here are a few highlights from my personal collection. First up are two original Dargie Delight guitars in Martini Olive Green; a Luke and a JP6, both equipped with piezo and matching headstock! I have had both of these since they arrived new at the store back in 2007. There were only 5 of the Dargie Luke guitars made w/ piezo, and 10 of the JP6 made with piezo. The birdseye neck on the Luke is out of this world! For those of you who are detail-oriented, you might notice the bridge pickup in the JP is an original custom-wound version, and not the D-sonic which was introduced in mid-2006. This was a courtesy that the factory did for me, as they still had a few of the older pickups left in stock.

Following the pair of Dargie Delights is a JP6 in Blue Dawn, with piezo, matching headstock, and shield inlays. This is one of the first 100 JP guitars shipped in June 2001, which were all hand-signed on the front of the headstock prior to final clear-coat. Taking a close look at the signature you can see that the "I" is dotted outside of the swoop. After the first 100 the guitars received a silk-screen "signature" (with the "I" dotted inside the swoop) which is still used today on the JP15. I have had this guitar since c. 2005 (it was traded in for a different color JP6), and it is my first personally-owned EBMM. Additionally, the burst edges on this guitar are incredibly light and translucent, easily showing off the sparkle underneath. Shortly after the first run of guitars production made the burst significantly darker at the edges, and it almost appears black/opaque on subsequent guitars

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

Top Bottom