• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Sweat

This was purchased from someone named Ernie in April of this year. Incredible JP.

OK then it was mine. A little back history. This was a one off made when EBMM first started getting into roasted necks.

I forget the year, 2010,2011 maybe, but it was brought to the Arlington Texas guitar show which is where I purchased it.

Congrats on a very nice guitar

xjbebop

OK then it was mine. A little back history. This was a one off made when EBMM first started getting into roasted necks.

I forget the year, 2010,2011 maybe, but it was brought to the Arlington Texas guitar show which is where I purchased it.

Nice! I love knowing the history of instruments!

GWDavis28

Nice Keith and you sold it to Ernie?

Nice! I love knowing the history of instruments!

Agreed, a good story seems to make a guitar that much more cooler!!!!

Glenn |B)

bunceman

Thanks for the insights! That’s what I heard it was. One off for the Dallas guitar show in 2010. Incredible instrument the roasted maple is insane. Someone elsewhere online mentioned to me they’ve never seen a mystic dream with the bfr badge without a matching headstock and got me more curious about the instrument and lead me here. Sounds like it’s a unique mystic dream.

Mapetrucci85jp6

Hi All, I am new new to the Forum and thought would be a good idea to post my guitars :)

Attachments

• 20201002_152017_res.jpg
    20201002_152017_res.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20170114_193328_res.jpg
    20170114_193328_res.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20200911_213511_res.jpg
    20200911_213511_res.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 187

wannarock8

My first EBMM guitar - Axis Super Sport

It's my first post. I became an EBMM bass owner in August (2020) and just became an EBMM guitar owner on Saturday. I'd kind of ignored the Axis Super Sport, the "little brother" model to the Axis. I thought about getting an LIII at some point, but the high output pickups, with a +20db boost preamp on board sounded like a lot of bells and whistles I really would never use. A JP model, even more stuff I wouldn't use.
And then I considered the Axis Super Sport. The early ones I saw in the 1990s were kind of no-frills, but more recent ones are definitely not.
I'd also considered a wood library PRS with ash body, single cut design, figured maple neck, and so on.
So the Axis Super Sport caught my eye finally. Medium output humbuckers, rock n roll tone, and a stunning quilt top and figured maple neck. There happened to be a used one in great condition at my local Music Go Round, and it's one of the more stunning specimens I've seen. I love the faded cherry sunburst even more than the vintage yellow and blue ones I see many of online.

Axis SS 1 4MP.jpg
Axis SS 2 4MP.jpg
Axis SS 2.jpg

Attachments

• Asix SS 3.jpg
    Asix SS 3.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Axis SS 1.jpg
    Axis SS 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

fer.geraci

Hey all!

Proud new owner of a gorgeous JP15 Sahara Flame! Just reaching out to say hi and share a pic of this beautiful monster. :)

JP15 2019 .jpg

Pink

Good day to all. New(ish) to the forums and I thought I'd show off a new-to-me '03. Came with a few battle scars, so I sent it off to be refinished in Olympic White. Image shows a Chopper in the bridge, but I currently have an Area 61 and love it. Sounds quite raunchy through a small tube amp with some crunchy OD. Why should the Esquire have all the fun?

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 140

jlf599

I think I may have a problem...I had zero EBMMs until this year. Now, I have a few...and a Cutlass en route.

2020-11-25 - Guitar Wall smaller.jpg

GWDavis28

I think I may have a problem...I had zero EBMMs until this year. Now, I have a few...and a Cutlass en route.

attachment.php

Holy cow, umm yah you do, hahahahahahaha. nice collection.

Glenn |B)

jlf599

attachment.php

Holy cow, umm yah you do, hahahahahahaha. nice collection.

Glenn |B)

Last year at this time, it was a combination of predominantly Gibson and Fender with some Jackson and PRS. I kind of fell in love with the EBMM necks and pickups and don't really want to play anything else anymore.

J

wannarock8

You've had a great year.
Nice score on the quilt top 2018 BFR Axis Super Sport. I tried pulling the trigger on one of those on Musician's Friend's site but it shows up as on back order, and I don't think EBMM is making more of them.
My local GC had a Steve Morse BFR in blue like you've got. I considered it. Should have grabbed it.

I've considered picking up an LIII too, but from the youtube demos I've watched, I'm not sure that's the tone I'm looking for. Sounds like the neck is great to play though.

Those Jackson Phil Collen models are super nice too.

2mdude

Last edited:
Top Bottom