• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

MCBTunes said:
A question for John.

Hey John, are you interested in playing acoustic music aswell, perhaps when your alone? If so, how far have you taken this style, in terms of techniques. Also, if you have an acoustic, what are you playing, music and brand of guitar.

Cool dude, thanks.
Michael
"I love acoustic music. I recently got Friday Night In San Fransisco, and have become very inspired. Presently I play a Taylor."
-JP

MikeVt

CudBucket said:
Ok, looks like it's just you, me, Casey and Big Poppa. I'm getting another beer.

I'm here too. Throw one of those my way. It's going to be a long night with Casey typing ;)

MikeVt

PugNinjas

Just enjoying a glass of Pindar Winter White

Could have sworn I saw Mr. Petrucci at a local Post Office on several occassions

Dcareaga

I bought the "Rock Discipline" DVD today completely on a whim.
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents, its GREAT!!! I know it's been around for a while but I am slow on the uptake, what can I say.... :)

Bassplyr

Question for J.P.

Hi John, thanks for taking the time tonight to answer some questions!

My question is: How close are off the shelf Pets. to the one you would use?
How much tweaking do you do on your personal guitar?

Thanks!!

Doug

humbucker87

Hey Petrucci, first of all thanks so much for taking time out of your life to answer questions. I find your playing very inspirational.

This may seem like an odd question, and hopefully not controversial on the ernie ball website, but what is your music (gear) setup like at home. Obviously I wouldn't think you play through your live setup at home, but then again. Do you have a music room or maybe a home studio? What kind of amps do have to practice daily with? Also, do have lots of different guitars at your house (ie. prs, gibson, etc.)?

Thanks so much for your time, and come to NC if you guys can schedule it!

-Chris

Teh_Shredder

In your Live at Budokan DVD, you play several different guitars. Most of them had all of your custom options (Piezo, Inlays, Matching headstock). I was wondering why one or two of them (I can't recall exactly) didn't have these options. I can understand the Piezo, since it isn't used in every song, but what about your custom inlays? I just found it kind of strange.

EDIT: Is anyone in DT a Super Metroid fan??

http://www.myspace.com/arcadialive
(First song is my comparison)

On the other hand, it kind of made me feel good to know that you play the *exact* same guitar as I do. ;)

Last edited:

peterd79

Jp

Mr. Petrucci,

I have recently discovered your Dream Theater and the duet cd with Jordan Rudas (?- Correct Spelling). It has re-opened my eyes to writing and playing the guitar. I have been stuck in a rut as for writing and listening to your music just opened up my eyes. Thanks...

My question is...
Do you ever get "writers block" and how do you overcome that? Do you do anything to inspire what you write about...

I appreciate your time and look forward to your answer.

With much Respect,

Peter

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Bowks said:
Hey JP & BP :D

I have 3 questions;

1. What was the inspiration for the new prototype neck thru JP model that BP graciously gave us a sneak preview of a few weeks back? Was the decision to try this due to something you found missing from your current model or is for something you or DT have in mind for the future (Skynyrd tribute band with Rudess on lap sleel maybe?)?

2. Can you give us the skinny on what is different with the new pickup you're currently touring with? Will it be something that may end up on the current JP model?

3. Where did BP take you for lunch and what can you recommend from the menu (suggestions for those arriving a day early to the Open House) :D :D :D

Thanks,

Rich
1: already done. (nope.)

2: I was looking for something that was fatter on the treble strings and tighter on the bass strings and Steve Blucher recommended new pickups for me to check out. Possibly the new JP pickup.

3: Firestone Grill, tri-tip sandwich. Hits the spot.

Big Poppa

ernie1966 said:
Hey JP, BP,

John, I noticed when watching your live DVD's, Mr. Portnoy really takes off tempo-wise on alot on tunes. When one of those songs has a difficult-fast solo, how do you compenstae? Do you practice those solos at higher tempos than normal or do you just try and play catch-up when you play live?

thanks,

ernie

You guys rock over at EBMM!
"Actually I do practice at a faster tempo than normal, you never know. Also, I want to thank you for owning more JP models than I do."
-JP

Big Poppa

GWDavis28 said:
This place rocks!!!

1.) How did the courtship go for EBMM to secure you as a signature artist.

2.) Do you still enjoy playing??

Thanx, Glenn |B)
1: Our manager Frank Solomon also manages Steve Morse, and was the guy who introduced me to Sterling. I was looking for a new home and found it.

2: Absolutely, I can never get enough. Something me and BP have in common, he even gave me a ukelele lesson while we were responding.

[Thanks btw for purchasing the black CLB Axis. -Casey, ed.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom