• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

tbonesullivan

Right. That's an exclusive run for Willcutt. Those guys do some solid exclusive runs.

They definitely do. Back when Hamer was still around, they were one of the few places that were able to convince Jol Dantzig at Hamer to do special runs. They did a bunch of three mini-hb Explorer type guitars that were incredible.

Sweat

Interesting...only one hardtail in the lot. Do you not like hardtails? Stunning collection.

I think there are two hardtails, dibart77 just got the December 202 BFR which is a hardtail.

He is a huge trem fan obviously, his collection is fantastic!

dibart77

Interesting...only one hardtail in the lot. Do you not like hardtails? Stunning collection.

I think there are two hardtails, dibart77 just got the December 202 BFR which is a hardtail.

He is a huge trem fan obviously, his collection is fantastic!

Actually, there is only one hardtail, the Dec 2020 ASS Semi-Hollow Buttery Blond. That's the only hardtail electric guitar I own, besides the Silhouette Bass Guitar, two Bongo basses, one other non-EBMM bass, and some acoustics.

Sweat

My bad for some reason I thought this one, Vintage Burst MM90 Piezo, was a hardtail as well, still all killer!!

jayjayjay

Actually, there is only one hardtail, the Dec 2020 ASS Semi-Hollow Buttery Blond. That's the only hardtail electric guitar I own, besides the Silhouette Bass Guitar, two Bongo basses, one other non-EBMM bass, and some acoustics.

What's the 2020 hard tail sound like? Beautiful guitar (aren't they all?) - I was tempted, but as I was looking for what would be my no. 1 guitar, I just couldn't go with one pickup and no trem. But I've wondered what the tone and voicing was on that Buttery Blond.

dibart77

What's the 2020 hard tail sound like? Beautiful guitar (aren't they all?) - I was tempted, but as I was looking for what would be my no. 1 guitar, I just couldn't go with one pickup and no trem. But I've wondered what the tone and voicing was on that Buttery Blond.

Er.... I told everyone I would record a video of me playing it. Didn't do it yet. Super busy. Maybe this weekend. In the meantime you can check out my post here where I describe it.

Last edited:

DevRock

I guess one place to start on the rare ones would be the 2011 Axis Tributes with the brown backs that were released to commemorate the 20yh anniversary of that guitar. Seems like there were only 130 made in all 11 colors.

That was TEN YEARS AGO already????? That scares me.

jayjayjay

All EBMM guitars with a bound neck will have a finished neck, not an oiled neck.

Sounds right, my BFR has black binding, and appears to be finished with satin poly, not gun oil/wax. No complaints here, it's like the finish on my strat neck, or my Taylor. They all feel great. I'm not a huge fan of gloss necks, although I have several.

PeteDuBaldo

Jeff, what's the story with this one, I've never seen an Axis Sport with a black head stock?

photo_0001.jpg

Glenn |B)

I dunno. No story AFAIK. I got it that way. I don't *think* the body is a re-spray or something.

That would be my old Axis Sport! Around 14 years ago I bought a Blue Dawn Axis Sport w/ tremolo from Glenn and it came with a maple/maple neck. I was lucky enough to find a neck with rosewood fretboard and black headstock, and swapped it on. I don't remember who later bought the guitar from me, maybe Sweat?

attachment.php

beej

If I'm not mistaken, that neck came from me :)

I was lucky enough to find a bunch of Axis Super Sports necks for sale locally, years ago. (This might of been the one I had on a Luke II for a while.)

GWDavis28

WOW :eek:, I remember making that sale with you in McDonald's, I was afraid you were going to kill me or something, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Nothing like keep it in the family here, see there is a back story and now it all makes sense.

Pete and Beej, thanks for the info.

Glenn |B)

PeteDuBaldo

WOW :eek:, I remember making that sale with you in McDonald's, I was afraid you were going to kill me or something, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Nothing like keep it in the family here, see there is a back story and now it all makes sense.

Pete and Beej, thanks for the info.

Glenn |B)

Am I that scary? hahaha

If I'm not mistaken, that neck came from me :)

I was lucky enough to find a bunch of Axis Super Sports necks for sale locally, years ago. (This might of been the one I had on a Luke II for a while.)

Yes it came from your stash!

dibart77

That would be my old Axis Sport! Around 14 years ago I bought a Blue Dawn Axis Sport w/ tremolo from Glenn and it came with a maple/maple neck. I was lucky enough to find a neck with rosewood fretboard and black headstock, and swapped it on. I don't remember who later bought the guitar from me, maybe Sweat?

attachment.php

Well... hold on, the neck in your photo is labeled Axis Super Sport, and mine is Axis Sport. I don't think its the same. Lemme see who I bought it from...

OK, I bought it on 4/26/2015 on eBay from Brian Baggett... The serial number comes up on EBMM Serial DB as Axis Sport HH Tremolo, no color listed, mfg 2/21/2002.

Last edited:

Sweat

attachment.php

Was not me :) Axis Sports were not my cup of tea though love Blue Dawn!

PeteDuBaldo

Well... hold on, the neck in your photo is labeled Axis Super Sport, and mine is Axis Sport. I don't think its the same. Lemme see who I bought it from...

OK, I bought it on 4/26/2015 on eBay from Brian Baggett... The serial number comes up on EBMM Serial DB as Axis Sport HH Tremolo, no color listed, mfg 2/21/2002.

Interesting on the headstock, that name rang a bell and after looking it up in my records Brian purchased that guitar from me on May 7, 2012. I wonder if he swapped necks (again) or just refinished the headstock with a waterslide decal.

If you ever pull the bridge pickup there might be an original build sticker inside the cavity. The build code on that guitar would have been ___-33-10-00 with #33 being Blue Dawn, and #10 being Maple neck & fretboard, natural headstock

Top Bottom