• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Great thread! Thanks for posting all of the insane Axis’ in your collection, Jeff! I guess with the passing of EVH my appreciation for the greatness of all of the Axis models has really increased. Cool mystery afoot for sure Glen!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RSG

No wonder it's so hard to find a cool used Axis, Jeff has 'em all - literally.

tbonesullivan

I'm still stuck on whether to look for the regular axis, the super sport, or the sport. All depends on the color I guess. Gotta have a trem though. Those pickups were voiced for a Trem.

beej

The one I want is Jamie Humphries' Super Sport SSS. I'd hit that in a second!

attachment.php

GWDavis28

Man, I hope they do. That or a Super Sport HSS would be something. Maybe one day.

Let's hope Dargin is reading and keeps those ideas in mind for the future!!!! ;)

Glenn |B)

Last edited:

Dr.Strangenote

Yep, my stupid Guitar Gallery has reached the end of its life. I thought you'd still be able to view the Flash if you checked some box to "Allow" Flash to run on my site. No such luck. So I need to rebuild it. Sigh. I have zero time for that... And I can't even run the old site so I can reference it when I build the new. Ugh.

OK. The Axis. A fabulous guitar. I have 79 of them in one config or another, not counting EVHs that are, of course, where the model came from.

Hah... I just went to post them all and the Ernie Ball Forums said, "You have included a total of 78 images in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 40. Please correct the problem and then continue again." So I guess I have to do two posts...

One-Off Roasted Maple Quilt
photo_0001.jpg

Limited Run Spalted Maple Top
photo_0001.jpg
[/INDENT]

Jeff, I remember like it was yesterday, attending the guitar show at the Philly Expo and you let me carefully handle these two beauties. That same day you also met Mrs.Strangenote too! Great times.. I see your Axis collection continues to be as awesome as you are bro! Keep rockin'

dibart77

Jeff, I remember like it was yesterday, attending the guitar show at the Philly Expo and you let me carefully handle these two beauties. That same day you also met Mrs.Strangenote too! Great times.. I see your Axis collection continues to be as awesome as you are bro! Keep rockin'

Ah, guitar shows. Seems like ancient history. I miss hanging with my buds and enjoying cool guitars.

Slick64

Hopefully we’ll have some guitar shows this year in Dallas. I miss the big one in October.

CES

Love the Axis models (and EBMM in general). In my stable I've got a 2000 Green Quilt Axis (which I think only 100 or so were made, but could be wrong), a 1999 Sport MM90, a 2007 SS, and a 2016 Cutlass.

(I have no idea why my pic is upside down)

Attachments

• ebmm.jpg
    ebmm.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 112

Slick64

Love the Axis models (and EBMM in general). In my stable I've got a 2000 Green Quilt Axis (which I think only 100 or so were made, but could be wrong), a 1999 Sport MM90, a 2007 SS, and a 2016 Cutlass.

(I have no idea why my pic is upside down)

Nice SS. Very cool.

thegregslife

Anybody know anything about this axis? It's one of my favorites and it's called an Emerald Burst. I would love to know what year it was made...

Attachments

• EBMM.jpeg
    EBMM.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 87

tekwerk

Once again Jeff for the win! I had forgotten about the roasted one off. Now I have GAS for an Axis again!!!

thegregslife

Oh I'm sorry, I should have clarified... I don't own this guitar. I have seen a few pics of it over the years and was curious if anyone knew anything about it. Seems like EB has made a lot of cool Axis's over the years, and most of them you can't really google info on... :(

GWDavis28

Oh I'm sorry, I should have clarified... I don't own this guitar. I have seen a few pics of it over the years and was curious if anyone knew anything about it. Seems like EB has made a lot of cool Axis's over the years, and most of them you can't really google info on... :(

I'm sure the info is on Jeff's website, I'm pretty sure he has one of these, but I can't access it from my location.

DiBart.com || The Machines | Guitar Gallery

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom