• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jpoprock

Man, this is one of the coolest threads ever!! I was going to make my own archive of "colors" that I liked, but then somehow found this. PERFECT! Thanks!

Jason

jpoprock

What's the deal on that Las Vegas Gold?? What an AMAZING color. The ltd run color of Envy Green is unreal too. Both look killer on the AL's.

J

Last edited:

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
J, LV Gold was one of those colors that we were having trouble with the paint itself. As I recall, we were getting it from a company that we hadn't dealt with much, and we were having trouble shooting the color an having it adhere to the basecoat. It was a cool color, but as we couldn't find a similar replacement or fix the problem, we had to let it go.

Dan

kompressaur

Hey,theres no pearl platinum listed under solid finishes on page 1.

it was out around the same time as pearl lavender and the metalflake green and brown. I think soul man just scored a used one in this finish.maybe have it added onto the list?

cheers

Komp

bigvissch

Wow! Very cool. Maybe one day it will make it back as a Limited Edition.

For all those with influence in EBMM colour selection, I would also dearly love to see a Trans White SR5 make a comeback. (particularly if it came in a lined fretless with Piezos........Oooooh boy)

I wonder what it would look like with a white ice p/g and white pup???

5Stringer

2002 was the last year we took orders on the Blue Dawn, Autumn Redbust, and Burnt Apple, and although I am pretty sure they were all shipped by the end of that year, there may have been a stray one or two that shipped in 2003.

Dan

5Stringer

For all those with influence in EBMM colour selection, I would also dearly love to see a Trans White SR5 make a comeback. (particularly if it came in a lined fretless with Piezos........Oooooh boy)

I wonder what it would look like with a white ice p/g and white pup???

I wonder :confused::rolleyes: - you never know - but definitely not this year!

Dan

MK Bass Weed

Will 'buttercream' like or a vintagey or aged white ever be available? I love white, but not the 'white white'.

Also with regards to Las Vegas Gold...I saw a Chevy "HHr" cruising in that color today, I've also seen the HHR (the car) in Desert Gold...call Chevy! I love that color...it would look swanky on a bongo..

thanks for reading.
MK

5Stringer

Will 'buttercream' like or a vintagey or aged white ever be available? I love white, but not the 'white white'.

Also with regards to Las Vegas Gold...I saw a Chevy "HHr" cruising in that color today, I've also seen the HHR (the car) in Desert Gold...call Chevy! I love that color...it would look swanky on a bongo..

thanks for reading.
MK

MK, we did a really cool Buttercream Limited Edition a few years ago! Check it out: http://www.basscentral.com/musicman/pics/sr4_bc_fl_ul_mhs_tspg.jpg

Dan

Thornton Davis

I know where there's a new old stock Buttercreame SR5 available for sale. It's identified on the back as being a "Limited Edition for 2005"

PM me if interested.

TD

5Stringer

MK, there are still some dealers who have NOS of the Buttercream. If you are interested, PM me what you are looking for and I will check and see if anyone has it.

Dan

Rick82

I have a white EBMM Stingray5, originally with a White Pearloid pickguard which i have changed for black. I have pics but i have no idea how to attach them to this message! Is it just white? Cos mine kinda looks off-white. I dunno!
Its from 2004 if that helps
Cheers

Ricky

Top Bottom