• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

oli@bass

oh, and just to make me a little more :mad: - would you care to tell how Orange Firemist compares to Lava Pearl and Desert Gold?

DaPatrooch

oli and all, these the preliminary colors/finishes we introduced at NAMM in Nashville .. we have no official pics yet so you can let your imaginations run wild with these color names ... :p these may or may not be the official names, but they will give you some ideas ....

Ice Blue
Sapphire Blue
Vegas Gold
Orange Firemist
White Magic
Crystal White Sparkle
Ultimate Gold Pearl
Brilliant Silver
Rootbeer
Electric Blue
Pace Car Blue

These are all solid colors and hence should be available on nearly all the instruments .. with the normal exception of the Steve Morse Y2D. Not clear which, if any, of the colors in our current lineup these would be replacing. Stay tuned!

Dan

You are driving me up a wall. I can't wait to see the new colors! I've really been wanting a silver JP7.

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
would you care to tell how Orange Firemist compares to Lava Pearl and Desert Gold?

It is like an etheral fire being consumed by the depths of the earth during a splashing of lava rain ... jeez, I am lousy at describing color. If forced - I would have to say it is somewhere between those two colors. :D

Dan

petruccirocks02

sorry to be the one to drive ya nuts - ;) but I think you will like the silver, it actually is very pretty. Long awaited by lots of folks .... :cool: color.

Dan

Oh geez. Putting in the order for a Koa JP6 this week, now I have to save up for a silver 7 too? Damn, my wallet is gonna be hurting for quite some time. Haha. :rolleyes:

-Phil

oli@bass

It is like an etheral fire being consumed by the depths of the earth during a splashing of lava rain ... jeez, I am lousy at describing color. If forced - I would have to say it is somewhere between those two colors. :D

Thanks, Dan! That's exactly what I feared most...

mathewsanchez

oli and all, these the preliminary colors/finishes we introduced at NAMM in Nashville .. we have no official pics yet so you can let your imaginations run wild with these color names ... :p these may or may not be the official names, but they will give you some ideas ....

Ice Blue
Sapphire Blue
Vegas Gold
Orange Firemist
White Magic
Crystal White Sparkle!!!
Ultimate Gold Pearl
Brilliant Silver
Rootbeer
Electric Blue
Pace Car Blue

These are all solid colors and hence should be available on nearly all the instruments .. with the normal exception of the Steve Morse Y2D. Not clear which, if any, of the colors in our current lineup these would be replacing. Stay tuned!

Dan

:eek::eek::eek:I see the word sparkle!:eek::eek::eek: ...I think i'm going to cry:D

73h Nils

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG...Too bad I'm poor and in need of a University education...:p

Silver, Crystal White Sparkle...Oh man....I have a hunch that Pace Car Blue is going to own.

5Stringer

jaywa

Apologies if this has previously been asked and answered:

Regarding Burnt Apple... I have seen a couple different pictures of StingRays in this color and although it is not listed as a "burst" color it appears to have the same "gradated" effect as Vintage Sunburst, Black Cherry Burst, etc. Am I seeing it the right way and it is just called Burnt Apple vs. Burnt Apple Burst or whatever?

Thanks

mynan

Apologies if this has previously been asked and answered:

Regarding Burnt Apple... I have seen a couple different pictures of StingRays in this color and although it is not listed as a "burst" color it appears to have the same "gradated" effect as Vintage Sunburst, Black Cherry Burst, etc. Am I seeing it the right way and it is just called Burnt Apple vs. Burnt Apple Burst or whatever?

Thanks

Burnt Apple is definitely a burst color. The only reason that it isn't listed in the burst category is that it also has a sparkle paint job...thus, it's in the sparkle category.

5Stringer

Actually there's a little history there. It was called "Metal Flake Green" originally - and we offered that color for about a year around 1999-2000 on pretty much all of the instruments. It wasn't terribly popular and didn't stick around long.

Since we had already made Benji Madden some guitars in that color, and he liked that finish, when we offered the Benji signature guitar we resurrected that color for a signature color on his guitar.

Dan

jimfair

I have a 1979 fretless Stingray that was poorly refinished in red several years ago. Underneath the red paint, it appears to have been "Peach", but I don't think that color was available in the late-70's.

Anyway, it is in need of a professional refinish and I was wondering what original colors were available in 1979? Even though it will be refinished, I'd like to at least refinish it in an original color from that year. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Gordon of Eden

The Golden Child

Here is my SR5 that I've posted in a previous thread. BP mentioned it was a very rare color possibly "one of a kind" and I'm curious to learn a little more as I have never seen another like it.
It does not have quite as much green as it appears in the photo, that would be due to my poor photo skills and the green towel that keeps the cats from tearing the rat fur off my speakers. I was able to get the color pretty close with photoshop
The finish looks absolutely amazing under stage lights.
There is a slight irregularity just below the upper bevel about the size of a pencil eraser, it doesn't show in the photo otherwise the finish is flawless.
Is this the standard gold sparkle finish or something different?
The only thing that could make me like it better would have been a matching headstock.
Serial # is E27822

Last edited:
Top Bottom