• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

saxnbass

Ah. Purple and Flake Green work nice with pearl white guards and maple fretboards. My Sterling is a dark rosewood board though. :) I'd really like to do the SR5 the flake green, as I don't have one yet and can get a maple board. I like to blame it on Debbie from the band Cowboy Crush. (that's who the pics of the flake green SR5 are of). I'm going to try and get a good picture of a natural Sterling so I can see what a trans. purple would look with a rosewood board. You can see the Metal Green with maple above. Here is a purple with Maple.

GrapeRay5Body9-22-04.jpg

kasswithgraperaySR5.jpg

kompressaur

Eric,keep your Sterling as is..black is iconic on an MM...and keep your eye out for metalflake green on ebay..they do pop up from time to time
just my two bobs worth

the only two old finishes I want/need are Pearl lavender on a Sterling or Ray and a blueburst Ray from the early 90s.then the GAS will go out of my life for good.
Komp

Jay Awesome

haha i know what you mean by seeing something then wanting one just like it... I can blame Roger Manganelli of less than jake for my colour combo, ive looked up to him for some time, he inspired me to get into playing bass rather than guitar and i really liked it. He has more MM Sterlings than i can keep track of but my favourite is his trans green.

By the way, that purple looks wicked!
Here's kinda a funny picture of the bass im workin at getting.

ltj8.jpg

Andy V.

Ah. Purple and Flake Green work nice with pearl white guards and maple fretboards. My Sterling is a dark rosewood board though. :) I'd really like to do the SR5 the flake green, as I don't have one yet and can get a maple board. I like to blame it on Debbie from the band Cowboy Crush. (that's who the pics of the flake green SR5 are of). I'm going to try and get a good picture of a natural Sterling so I can see what a trans. purple would look with a rosewood board. You can see the Metal Green with maple above. Here is a purple with Maple.

GrapeRay5Body9-22-04.jpg

kasswithgraperaySR5.jpg

Sexay!

haha i know what you mean by seeing something then wanting one just like it... I can blame Roger Manganelli of less than jake for my colour combo, ive looked up to him for some time, he inspired me to get into playing bass rather than guitar and i really liked it. He has more MM Sterlings than i can keep track of but my favourite is his trans green.

By the way, that purple looks wicked!
Here's kinda a funny picture of the bass im workin at getting.

ltj8.jpg

Cool!
Yellow ray!
Trans?

Jay Awesome

Well okay here you be the judge on what colour you think this bass is, here's some goos pictures of it. I didnt think trans yellow was that light, i thought it was a deeper, more reddish yellow.

yellowbass.jpg

Warped.jpg

So could it be trans yellow?
They still offer this bass in trans yellow, correct?

Jay Awesome

No, this is trans green. I used to have an SR5 in this color and loved it.

Dan

THANK YOU, DAN!

You're the first person to give me a straight up answer on my question and ive been looking for one for awhile, on AND off the forum.

It's just too bad they don't make trans green anymore, i'll hafta do my best to match it at a shop, i know a guy who knows a place where you can get great paint jobs... there's no way that there's a number that identifies the color, is there? lol coz that'd be a huge help.

Jay Awesome

dundundun.... on the Discontinued Finishes thread i started, the first response i got was a trans green SR5... seen that? pretty wicked.

ashiin

do i spot a blue dawn in this video?

[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=xqnaTJB8rXc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

saxnbass

Custom Job? Green Burst? Is it an actual EBMM or a copy? That neck doesn't look EB, unless it's a Frankenbass that has a aftermarket neck and a custom re-fin.

Top Bottom