• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nrbassplayer

attachment.php

attachment.php

nrbassplayer

I bought it in 93, and used it quite often as on of my two main basses. Ended up with 5 4-strings and 2 fives, but have since sold all but the trans-white and trans orangeburst. I got into the original P-bass tone for a while and used my American Precision and a Reggie Hamilton Jazz for years. Just took the trans-white out for a few gigs and forgot how great it sounded. I also just changed amps, so that may have helped out some, too. I've now got a GK-700RB II through an Ampeg classic 4x10 and an Ampeg classic single 15 ... great combination!!

attachment.php

Smallmouth_Bass

Just wondering why everyone seems to change the pickguard on the trans-white StingRay?

There were less than 35 production pieces made in the Trans White "Mary Kay White" - all of them were made in 1993-94. Less than 10 of those were like yours - 3-band EQ with a rosewood fretboard.

:eek: Only 35?
I guess I'm one of them.

IMG_4627.jpg

20070301-043REBMMSR5.jpg

Although, I am guilty of changing the pickguard. It got a black one fairly recently. The tort was shrinking and lifting over the screws. I quite like it with a black guard.

20070301-033EBMMSR5.jpg

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
There were less than 35 production pieces made in the Trans White "Mary Kay White" - all of them were made in 1993-94. Less than 10 of those were like yours - 3-band EQ with a rosewood fretboard.

Best Regards,

Dan McPherson
Music Man Customer Service
www.ernieball.com
866-82-EBALL ext. 126

And to think, I have kept it because I have always just liked the way it loks and plays! I have gigged with it quite a bit and will continue to do so, but I might be a bit more careful now ;-)

I guess I'm one of them.

Actually, that count I responded to nrbassplayer above was only for StingRays - it did not count StingRay 5's. I would need to do some research to see how many SR5's were made in Trans "Mary Kay" White.

Dan

superflybass

newto me bass check this color out

so I just got this today check out the Translucent Purple finish depeding on how how you look at it it is a wierd purple or orange color !!

I am going to replace the back pearl pickguard with a white pearl one

DSCF0516.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

Last edited:

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Hmmmm .... I don't see it as being a Trans anything, just not seeing any wood grain ... it looks more like a Candy Red to me. If it is trans, it could be a Translucent Red, as that often is more burgundy than true red .. do you have a serial number?

Dan

Sonnyonbass

I guess I'm one of them.

IMG_4627.jpg

20070301-043REBMMSR5.jpg

Although, I am guilty of changing the pickguard. It got a black one fairly recently. The tort was shrinking and lifting over the screws. I quite like it with a black guard.

20070301-033EBMMSR5.jpg

Wow....... that is 1 great looking bass! (really)

Moondog

I missed the trans-white thing, I have one of the <10,
but mines a '92 (not 93-94), 09/09/1992 DOB is close . .
92SR4front1.jpg

92SR4front5.jpg

92SR4neck-body.jpg

Stoo

Those Trans whites are awesome...

Here's my '01 Trans Purple Sterling piezo

sunnysterling.jpg

great bass!

Top Bottom