• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sanderhermans

The older bass looks like trans teal is now and i think always has looked. Have you kept the basses in the same lighting? In other words has the lighter one had exceptional sun exposure? Like a showroom or something?

sanderhermans

Both teal. I once owned a trans-red from 1993. It was also a deeper red than the newer brighter red on ash bodies.

I believe that is different. As i said a few posts back. The trans red changed fom dark to verry bright somewhere around 2000 or so. Has nothing to do with body woods.
teal on the other hand should have been unchanged from what i know...
annyonne at ebmm have some more info?

Bert

@sanderhermans
I just read your post: You are right. Your sterling looks like mine old trans-red 93 Ray, but yours already have an ash body with the darker red. So the change was around 2000.
But I remember the two teal colors, in a shop a new brighter looking SR5 beside an darker older (non-seller) SR4.

basslover1963

One more color..

DGG_0277a.jpg

I didn't see Powder Blue, which is a solid finish, on the list. It was available in 2010, but I don't if it was just that year.

Thanks!
DG

nervous

Help on this one please?

Any idea what this might be? I'll pin down the year of mfg with the serial number soon which should help as well I'd guess. It has a piezo bridge so that would be newer than 2000 I think.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

BigDBass

Was there ever an "transparent orange burst" finish? My Sterling 4HS would most likely be transparent orange from the finish list, but it definitely has a 'burst effect to it:
1431086_0f43f0ea14b2db05ecf06f2d01efd473.jpg

sanderhermans

Looks like a classic Ray, Coral Red. Rays always look weird to me without the PG. :)

BTW, that color looks great with either a tort or vintage white PG.

Wrong.... this ray is from the late 80's. Check out the trus rod and the bridge. Back then there was no colour called coral red. So this is propably just red, but i'm not sure about that. You dont see manny of these older ones in red...

Lynottfan

I have to say that I love that Ray without the pick guard, so much of, and such a great colour should not be hidden behind plastic imho.

Top Bottom