• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Oldtoe

Intestinal Poltergeist
I feel like such a turd with "newbie" under my name. How many posts do I have to have before I become something less markedly unspectacular?

jongitarz

Well, let me tell you this....hey is that the Goodyear blimp???(running away)

bdgotoh

Definitely #1 with the control plate. It looks too much like a Sterling and not enough like a Stingray without the plate. I think the switch looks fine next to the plate, in fact it's quite subtle on the black finish.

jongitarz

bdgotoh said:
Definitely #1 with the control plate. It looks too much like a Sterling and not enough like a Stingray without the plate. I think the switch looks fine next to the plate, in fact it's quite subtle on the black finish.

+1

phatduckk

jongitarz said:
Wait until you see the HH Sterling...It kicks ass. Big time.

IM DYING HERE. Jon make Dargin post a pic of the 2 PUP Sterling. Please!!!! ... ill up the bribe to a 12 pack :)

WOW im whining online ... ummmm. let this stand as proof that the great folk at EBMM are onto something amazing. they just made a punk rocker whine for a "mere" picture

rock on guys ... by the way i can be in SLO w/ my digi cam in 3 hours so if Dargin's really busy i can come lend a hand :)

PS: any word from the guys in Avenged Sevenfold or Atreyu re: the 2 PUP-ers? i bet they want one :)

SteveB

I have to say that I like the back-routed version without the control plate better. It's just a cleaner look, IMHO. If it comes from EBMM and says "StringRay Bass" on the headstock, it's a Stingray, right? ;)

Musicman Nut

Dargin said:
Here are two prototype sr4's we made. Which one do you prefer?

The burst Looks good i think, a tough call for sure, But hey Who Cares, it's an Ernie Ball Stingray, I still have room for about 15 more, Yummy, Two Tone Burst with white pickup covers and no Guard, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS, lol
Dave J

Big Poppa

It amazes me how few of you read posts here. We have repeatedly said that the two pickup basses would retain the oiginal pickup and position (father gino?)

Im sorry if some of you think that a two scoop ice cream cone is not ice cream. get over it.

i will tell you that these responses are why most companies dont show anybody anything before it hits the stores.

Remember a camel is a horse designed by committee

biting my toungue patiently

Psychicpet

Psychicpet said:
BP, please see it in your infinite wisdom and grace to overlook the "when is there gonna be a 3 p/u version" comments, I'm sure all were in jest BUT in case they weren't I'll take the place of Moses and say "they really aren't that bad, don't destoy them yet, just give me a few things to tell them on these stone tablets... mm'kay?"

:D
BP... see above, I did try to intervene on their behalf... :(

:D

bovinehost

Administrator
It amazes me, too. This is like the lined versus unlined fretless debate. My friend Chuck, who is an amazing jazz player, says, "If you don't like the lines, don't look at them."

A two pickup Stingray is something many of us (and many who are not us) have been thinking about for a long, long time. Or, okay, a two pickup Sterling.

For me, this is what was so kick-ass about the Bongo. Finally, a real two pickup EBMM bass! And for those of us who "get" the Bongo, it was - and remains - one of the best basses ever.

So what I'm saying to you guys who think a dual pickup Stingray/Sterling is some kind of sacrilege is - get over it. You can still have your single pickup models! It's okay! Fret not! If you don't like the fretlines, DON'T LOOK AT THEM.

I see this the same way I saw the Bulls when Jordan was at his peak. Maybe some people got tired of watching them kill everyone else, but it was history in the making, and I was happy to be around to see it.

Same thing with the 49ers with Montana and Rice. You sort of KNEW they were going to win, but you get to lord it over the youngsters - "Yeah, I was there."

This is good stuff. This is a good time to be a bassist.

Also, I am having my third martini after driving 10 hours, so there.

Musicman Nut

Big Poppa said:
Listen I know that everybody doesn't initially like new stuff....re: bongo but you guys should wait until you hear what these things do.

Exactly, I was and still am a Stingray Fan, Major Fan, Biff told me to try a bongo and it kicked my Azzzzz, I was truley Amazed.

Biff is a very smart inteligent guy who has been in the bass world longer then most of us have been a live, He listens too the Players and for some of you who may not know, he's one hellava Bass player him self.

Im very impressed with what they do at Music man, they know what thier doing and that's more then i can say about 80% of these other Guitar Companies. :D
Keep it Comin Biff
Dave J

scottbass71

I wasn't seeing the trees because of the forest I love the sunburst colour but like the control plate on the stingray so I change my vote to #1

I guess we all feel like kids in a candy store when new EB products come out

phatduckk

personally im beyond f*cking excited here!!!! an HS Sterling will exist (i guess it already does in BP and Dudley's mad-scientist lab in SLO). wow.

i trust that the crew who have created my favorite bass ever (and many others' fav bass ever) have topped my (our) wildest expectations (again)!

hell .. all cards on the table ... it would be pimp if i could order my new fav bass ever in a new color, but whatever there's 96,000 finishes to pick from. all i know is that 3 or 4 months from now ill be knocked on my ass with my new HS Sterling and i just feel bad for the poor bastards that dare stand in front of my amp when i bust the sucker out at a gig :)

dlloyd

Dargin said:
Here are two prototype sr4's we made. Which one do you prefer?

They look amazing, number 1 slightly more so IMHO.

What are the pickups? Both alnico?

roballanson

Number one for me but both are pretty nice....its the plate that grabs the attention - its almost mesmorising when all shiny and polished. :D

Although BP I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the single coil version and wiping the smile off some Jazz players faces.
I play in a collective - only SR player out of 5 bass players - and can you imagine the snobbery (and thats with a Status fretles neck :eek: ).......bring it on I say and let battle commence.

Top Bottom