• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkarter

From what I have read in this forum and so far on Tb from this kid I think it is a story made up as well as he doesn't have a bass one. Warwick or any other. Of course I could be wrong.

tk

Disquieter

cgworkman said:
Do it.

signature_avatar.jpg

my turn.. i posted about his warwicks.

more..
joel D.

dlloyd

crazybass888 said:
Excellent point. The voices in his head are probably tired of him too...

Hey, I know this was posted as a joke, and on a level it is funny, but I don't suppose you could remove it could you, Crazybass?

midopa

I almost feel some pity for the poor guy. He's got an entire web community after him! :p

JB1

I gotta say for a kid (esp one who's not in a band, well, he says he's just joined one) to have 6 basses is ludicrous. He says on TB somewhere that his dad is interested in him having another one. Why, when he already has 6? I've got 2 kids, one's a cellist. If she had 6 cellos (which I can assure you will never happen as long as I'm paying for them), I doubt there'd be a point where I'd say 'Y'now, I'm really interested in you having that new (insert name) cello'.

He certainly seems spoilt and I've seen from his posts that he freely runs down basses he's likely never even played ("I hate precisions, burn a '51"). If he's got that attitude at his age, look out for when he (possibly) grows up.

As for getting £'s for ADD, it's hard to judge without knowing the merits of his case, but daddy throwing basses at him ain't gonna help.....

Some other guy wrote on TB that he knew someone who moved here cos they knew they could screw the UK for £'s and not have to work. This is something that is becoming increasingly common and as a tax payer (some of my earnings are taxed @ 40%) it makes my blood boil. My dad had his incapacity benefit stopped 6 months after a prostrate op (he ended up with incontinence problems for a while) and he's worked for 47 years & still does, paying tax all the way - sounds fair huh?

Or and I agree on the Nickelback thing - thankfully their UK exposure seems pretty low.

A minor novel - apols for that - now I've had my 2c

Bassplyr

When I was 15, there was no such thing as ADD. It was just the mere fact we kids "didn't pay attention" and we got a quick smack to make us listen. No drugs needed. Maybe Nick is too medicated?

dlloyd

Bassplyr said:
When I was 15, there was no such thing as ADD. It was just the mere fact we kids "didn't pay attention" and we got a quick smack to make us listen. No drugs needed. Maybe Nick is too medicated?

It's over-diagnosed these days, but if there was no such thing as ADD when you were a kid, you are a very, very, very old man, Bassplyr :).

My mother in law is a teacher for kids with special needs. Some of her kids are genuine ADD and it can apparently be extremely disabling (and scary for the teacher). These kids really cannot help it.

It's an insult to genuine cases that bad behaviour is blanket-listed as ADD, particularly by private consultants.

Bassplyr

dlloyd said:
It's over-diagnosed these days, but if there was no such thing as ADD when you were a kid, you are a very, very, very old man, Bassplyr :).
QUOTE]

I'm 37and I feel very,very old. ;)

cgworkman

Mobay45 said:
They talked about ADD when I was a kid back in the '60's. It was the opposite of SUBTRACT. As for the other kind of ADD, my Dad had a belt to help him keep your attention and it worked!

Works for me!

midopa

This is quickly going the way of Jon's "OMG WTF" topic a while ago! :p

Dees

don't you just love talking about 'the good old time':)
I think he's going to get a though time as soon as he learns to take care of his own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom