• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dibart77

I'm sure the info is on Jeff's website, I'm pretty sure he has one of these, but I can't access it from my location.

DiBart.com || The Machines | Guitar Gallery

Unfortunately, my Guitar Gallery is defunct because Adobe killed Flash. I can't even view the gallery on my home machine so I can recreate it in new tech (not that I have time to do so).

I never acquired one of the Axis Ball Family Reserve (BFR) Emerald Bursts, because I think they're very rare. Not sure I've ever seen one for sale. They were not from the current era of the "special run BFRs", but instead were a standard BFR offering that was available to order. I do have its cousins:

BFR Bahama Blue Burst Quilt
photo_0001.jpg

BFR Black Burst Flame
photo_0001.jpg

BFR Black Burst Quilt
photo_0001.jpg

BFR Ruby Red Burst Quilt
photo_0001.jpg

thegregslife

Yeah I was having trouble with your gallery, and figured it was the Adobe Flash being killed off. Those are beautiful Axis's! I really like the 12th fret inlay. And yeah, I heard the green emerald bursts are not common, hence me wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I really appreciate the info Jeff!

Slick64

I have one of the Wicutt roasted amber anniversary models with the stainless slightly larger frets I’m thinking of parting with.

If anyone is interested in of course.

Marek77

I've had a black magic crystal which honestly looked more blue and I miss that guitar! Not super versatile but great aze

Stratty316

I have 2 "rare" birds of sorts.... 2000 Trans Green Axis Quilt, 2012 PDN Honey Roasted Axis. There are rarer Axis guitars out there but I'm pretty happy with the pair. The 1997 Green Axis Sport is something you don't see every day either.... so I guess that makes 3.

wannarock8

Eventually... I'll have a somewhat rare Axis, when the Diablo blue run comes in.

Awright bro! I preordered one too! Diablo blue is a very vivid looking blue from photos I've seen, and I think it's gonna look smokin' with the quilt top and ebony board.

tbonesullivan

Awright bro! I preordered one too! Diablo blue is a very vivid looking blue from photos I've seen, and I think it's gonna look smokin' with the quilt top and ebony board.

YAASSSSSSSS. It's just such a magical blue color. And the back will be blue metallic as well I think. At least that's how the last run was. It'll make a great pair with my Pacific Blue Sparkle Stingray, and also this guitar:

hamerblue3.jpg

GWDavis28

:eek: OMG that top sucks!! The neck is pretty mental too.

Congrats, Glenn |B)

Last edited:
Top Bottom