• Sterling by MusicMan

fogman

Anyone know the colour of my Bongo?

web.jpg

I say Graphite Pearl

daahoud

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

Just got used one and can't find name of this finish.
I thought it's Black cherry burst in photo. And, in real it's sparkled.
It's 2002 made

Rocksolid

I once saw a bass (I have no pictures) for sale - it was a SR5 unlined fretless. It was a custard yellow with either a plain white or white pearloid PG on it. looking at it blew my mind. has anyone got any examples?

wooks79

Do ernie ball keep records of how many were made in each colour? I'm trying to find out how many were made in the Translucent Purple colour that I have.

And if its possible, even better than that (but a bit more specific) how many trans purple/maple 3 band eq were made please???

I would love it if this was answered, thank you!

childersoh

Do ernie ball keep records of how many were made in each colour? I'm trying to find out how many were made in the Translucent Purple colour that I have.

And if its possible, even better than that (but a bit more specific) how many trans purple/maple 3 band eq were made please???

I would love it if this was answered, thank you!

To my knowledge, I think thats proprietary information that they don't give out. I've seen similar questions asked.

But who knows, somebody who knows more what they are talking about will probably answer one way or the other.

By the way, is this the bass that was just recently on Ebay? If so, nice job. (although I'm not sure how the seller knew that less than 50 were made).

wooks79

To my knowledge, I think thats proprietary information that they don't give out. I've seen similar questions asked.

But who knows, somebody who knows more what they are talking about will probably answer one way or the other.

By the way, is this the bass that was just recently on Ebay? If so, nice job. (although I'm not sure how the seller knew that less than 50 were made).

Thanks for the reply, I hope someone can get me more info, Im interested.

It's not the bass off ebay, but I saw that and his claims of less than 50 made, and it got me wondering. I'm the only owner mine has had from manufacture, and mine is a 3band, rather than the 2 band that was on ebay recently.

I absolutely LOVE the bass, its the only bass I've owned in 15+ yrs of playing that I haven't smashed or sold.

drTStingray

Trans Red

I am v curious about the now discontinued trans red colour.

I once bid on an '87 2 band SR4 on Ebay - it was a very bright red in the pics - I have also seen pics posted on the forum of late pre-EBs in this colour, also bright red.

More recently I've seen pics of later model basses in trans red which are more of a crimson, almost maroon colour - I know someone who has a late 90s SR4 in trans red which really is quite a dark colour. The erstwhile GW's SR5 in trans red was a reasonably bright red colour and I think it was a 99/00 model.

Are there different versions of trans red - anyone know?? If so when did it change?

I'm just curious really - that '87 was the one that got away for me, I loved the colour and it had a ludicrously figured birds eye neck - priced out by the teardrop case I'm guessing :mad:

Rod Trussbroken

The earlier ones were a bright Trans Red. Then they darkened but not sure when. These used Alder body wood which may have had something to do with it. The colour brightened up again around 1998 (year??)

Top Bottom