• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Beth

smallequestrian said:
Glad you like it, I believe its commonly referred to by EB as the ugliest finish they ever made. One came up on ebay a few months ago, thats where the Pics I have came from.

Metalflake Brown was a personal favorite of mine...

but -- it was damn ugly to most people and didn't sell for peanuts..

GWDavis28

Nah I'm pretty sure it up to date. They are suppose to be revamping the Music Man website. They talked about better pictures and color representations.

Teal Pearl is a great color.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

Foggy, we need some comparisons of Egyptian Smoke, Trans Green and Teal Pearl.

I man's stuck in a dilemma.

Glenn |B)

RitchieDarling

Medallion Gold

I am considering a Sterling in Medallion Gold. I have seen some pics where it looks more like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/smallequestrian/IMG_0612.jpg

.......and some where it looks more like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Thedudepit/Musicman Bongo 4 H Medallion Gold/IMG_2976.jpg

So, it seems there is a big difference. Or is it just the light these pics were taken in? I prefer more of a lemony yellow than a toasted marshmallow color. If it's closer to toasted marshmallow, then I might have to consider a different color. :(

Ritchie

Apologies to Steve Dude & SmallEquestrian for the stolen pics :D

smallequestrian

RitchieDarling said:
So, it seems there is a big difference. Or is it just the light these pics were taken in? I prefer more of a lemony yellow than a toasted marshmallow color. If it's closer to toasted marshmallow, then I might have to consider a different color. :(

Ritchie

Apologies to Steve Dude & SmallEquestrian for the stolen pics :D

The first pic (mine) is a more accurate reflection. I have also seen the bongo in the other pic in person and cab verify that it looks exactly like mine if you have any doubt.

This is another pic of my bass and pretty accurate. All in all it is a fantastic colour.
DSCN0245.jpg

fogman

GWDavis28 said:
Foggy, we need some comparisons of Egyptian Smoke, Trans Green and Teal Pearl.

I man's stuck in a dilemma.

Glenn |B)

I didn't see this! Sorry.
Is this still needed?

RitchieDarling

Decisions, decisions................

Hmmmmm.....Now I have a bit of a dilemma. I was considering getting a Sterling in Medallion Gold. But I was hoping it was more yellow. And EBMM doesn't have a brighter yellow. So, do I go ahead and get the Medallion Gold? Or do I get it in Radiance Red? Or in Desert Gold like the Bongo I just sold Motojunkie? Or the worst scenario of all, not buy a Sterling and get a new computer instead.:(

Opinions?

Ritchie

Sonnyonbass

RitchieDarling said:
Hmmmmm.....Now I have a bit of a dilemma. I was considering getting a Sterling in Medallion Gold. But I was hoping it was more yellow. And EBMM doesn't have a brighter yellow. So, do I go ahead and get the Medallion Gold? Or do I get it in Radiance Red? Or in Desert Gold like the Bongo I just sold Motojunkie? Or the worst scenario of all, not buy a Sterling and get a new computer instead.:(

Opinions?

Ritchie

Hi there guys. Have been browsing through these forums for quite a while and when I saw this thread about a Medallion Gold MM I had sign up and reply :)

I happen to own a Sterling Sunburst and a Medallion Gold Stingray 5.
If you are interested in pics to have a better look at the colour, just let me know.
I'll see if I can make some.

Rod Trussbroken

>>>I happen to own a Sterling Sunburst and a Medallion Gold Stingray 5.
If you are interested in pics to have a better look at the colour, just let me know.
I'll see if I can make some.

Yup, sounds great.

And welcome Newbie :)

Sonnyonbass

Here it is... just 2 files right now....
1 is "crappy: though. But I made it 10 secs later but with a flash. And it gets darker :confused:

But ok. It's quite yellow I think. And it has a small "sparkle" in the finish.
I'll see if I can make a better pic when I have more time. (And more light ;) )

Bottomline: The more light, the more yellow it will look. (Get lots of lights on stage :) )

I bought the bass because it sounded very good and didn't care what colour it was. Now I really dig it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom