• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service

Art and Music

I got this Stingray a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't find the color on the EBMM color chart so thought I would post it here. I would describe it as a candy apple red metallic, what ever it is, it is HOT!!
Stingray1 Email.jpg

Last edited:

Art and Music

Art, to me it appears to be a Radiance Red. Do you have the serial number? If so, we can be sure.

Dan

Yeah, sorry, just got it and put it on the Serial number database forum...
It's # E39812
Thanks 5Stringer! And any other info you can glean would be great!

5Stringer

mobis, not all that strange really. Somewhat rare, but certainly they are out there. We made this color for a couple of years around the turn of the century.

Dan

landslide

what color is this sterling???

Hello, I've been on the market for a honey burst sterling. I found this bass and I'm not sure what color it is, maybe the original sunburst?

Does anyone have any idea about the official color name? The owner thought it was orange burst... which I haven't heard of...

thank!

andrew

born2play55

hey does anyone know what color this is??
i cant recognize it and ive heard plenty of different names for it

Rod Trussbroken

Hello, I've been on the market for a honey burst sterling. I found this bass and I'm not sure what color it is, maybe the original sunburst?

Does anyone have any idea about the official color name? The owner thought it was orange burst... which I haven't heard of...

thank!

andrew

Different lighting conditions can make Cherryburst, Honeyburst and Sunburst look very similar but it's "Sunburst" (as distinct from the 3 tone Vintage Sunburst). The bridge on that Bass puts it somewhere between 1993-95 but there were no Cherryburst or Honeyburst finishes back then.

Sunburst latter evolved into present-day "Honeyburst".

Last edited:

bpocall

thank!

andrew

As a side note, I bought my trans teal SR from the same guy. He's a great guy to deal with if you end up buying it.

Brian

midopa

Yes, but not for the SUBs. I'm tempted to say cinnamon, but lets just say red for now. :p

5Stringer

I would most definitely agree with midopa - the textured cinnamon is almost brown with a tint of red.

The SUBs were never available in the Rolls Burgundy finish. All of the SUB finishes are textured.

Dan

nrbassplayer

Why?

Just wondering why everyone seems to change the pickguard on the trans-white StingRay? I must have lucked out -- I walked into a music store back in '93 and just happened on a trans-white StinRay hanging on the wall. Never thought much about it until I was trying to find out more specifics on my 20th Anniversary and kept running into info about this "rare" finish. I emailed Ernie Ball with my serial number and here what they had to say about it:

David,

There were less than 35 production pieces made in the Trans White "Mary Kay White" - all of them were made in 1993-94. Less than 10 of those were like yours - 3-band EQ with a rosewood fretboard.

Best Regards,

Dan McPherson
Music Man Customer Service
www.ernieball.com
866-82-EBALL ext. 126

And to think, I have kept it because I have always just liked the way it loks and plays! I have gigged with it quite a bit and will continue to do so, but I might be a bit more careful now ;-)

Top Bottom