• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Aussie Mark

Rick, sometimes white changes over time.

Sure can!

fretlessbody.jpg

barginkov

trans blue sunburst??????????

can anyone tell me about this color ,early 90's, how many were made , what ntype of wood was used??etc...:confused::confused:

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Trans, are we talking StingRay, StingRay 5, even Silhouette . .. ?

There were a few hundred made overall from 1989-1994. The official color is simply Blueburst. The wood used on those was always poplar. It wasn't dropped because of low sales, though that was part of it. It was a hard color to shoot for us at that time.

Dan

Last edited:

Smallmouth_Bass

I visited a EBMM dealer yesterday and I have to say I am very impressed with the 2007 LE colour (Blue Dawn). It looks much nicer in person and the sparkle to it is not overbearing, but just enough to give that extra something. Nice job!

They also had Silhouettes in Carbon Blue Pearl and Candy Red. Also really nice colours.

My only complaint is with the bursts (Vintage Sunburst, in particular). The bursts don't extend into the upper and lower horns. In general, the bursts look more teardrop in shape than following the lines of the instrument. Maybe it's done like this on purpose, however I prefer it the other way. Even then, they still look pretty nice though.

Bass_Beast

My only complaint is with the bursts (Vintage Sunburst, in particular). The bursts don't extend into the upper and lower horns. In general, the bursts look more teardrop in shape than following the lines of the instrument. Maybe it's done like this on purpose, however I prefer it the other way. Even then, they still look pretty nice though.

Yeah, if they extended a little that would be AMAZING :D
Thank you so much umm, person who made this thread!
It REALLY Helps!
Now I really want a buttercreme bass T__T
Does MM do re-issues? :)
I'm pretty sure I want a Pacidic Blue Burst too :)

Brim

I've been drooling for a Pacific Blue Burst EBMM bass (any model will do, preferrably a SR5 or Sterling) for a while - what a nice finish.

Caca de Kick

Is Egyptian Smoke the current silver-ish color? Been gassing for a new silver SR4, but egyptian smoke is the closest I see. Doesn't it have a little brown tint to it?

5Stringer

Mike,

You might want to check out the Graphite Pearl finish. To me, it is closer to silver than Egyptian Smoke. But I may be slightly color-blind ....

Dan

kylierider

Holy crap!! I just bought one a few weeks ago..I did not know there were less than 10 of the 3 band rosewood neck basses made. This bass looks identical to mine. One or two scratches and the bridge has no rust. Part of the finish sort of looks pink in some spots. The mutes are still all there also. Mine was a late 92, so it was one of the first trans white finishes I guess. The old owner put a black pickguard on it but he did still have the original, which I am going to put back on. SWEEET!!!

5Stringer

Is Egyptian Smoke the current silver-ish color? Been gassing for a new silver SR4, but egyptian smoke is the closest I see. Doesn't it have a little brown tint to it?

Mike, good news for you .. we introduced a color at NAMM we are (maybe) calling Brilliant Silver. Keep checking our website for details.

Dan

5Stringer

Holy crap!! I just bought one a few weeks ago..I did not know there were less than 10 of the 3 band rosewood neck basses made. This bass looks identical to mine. One or two scratches and the bridge has no rust. Part of the finish sort of looks pink in some spots. The mutes are still all there also. Mine was a late 92, so it was one of the first trans white finishes I guess. The old owner put a black pickguard on it but he did still have the original, which I am going to put back on. SWEEET!!!

the pink bearing out why the "Mary Kay White" nickname was given.... :p:D

Dan

5Stringer

feast these new colors on your pallette

oli and all, these the preliminary colors/finishes we introduced at NAMM in Nashville .. we have no official pics yet so you can let your imaginations run wild with these color names ... :p these may or may not be the official names, but they will give you some ideas ....

Ice Blue
Sapphire Blue
Vegas Gold
Orange Firemist
White Magic
Crystal White Sparkle
Ultimate Gold Pearl
Brilliant Silver
Rootbeer
Electric Blue
Pace Car Blue

These are all solid colors and hence should be available on nearly all the instruments .. with the normal exception of the Steve Morse Y2D. Not clear which, if any, of the colors in our current lineup these would be replacing. Stay tuned!

Dan

Last edited:

oli@bass

You're making this up just to drive me insane, aren't you?! ;)

I really really really hope for the sake of my bank account that I'll hate most of them... :eek:

Top Bottom